Beatriz M. Miranda is an associate, representing public and private sector employers in matters related to labor and employment law. Beatriz received a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science and a Bachelor of Science in Family, Youth, and Community Sciences from the University of Florida. In 2016, Beatriz received her Juris Doctor from the University of Florida Levin College of Law. During her time in law school, Beatriz was a member of the Florida Moot Court Team. Beatriz also worked as a judicial extern for the Honorable Elizabeth Kovachevich in the United States Middle District of Florida and the Honorable Nelly Khouzam in the Florida Second District Court of Appeal. Following her graduation from law school, Beatriz worked as a judicial clerk for the Honorable Jonathan D. Gerber in the Florida Fourth District Court of Appeal. Beatriz was born in Cuba, and grew up in Miami, Florida.
Professional and Community Involvement
- Member, Hillsborough Association for Women Lawyers
- Member, Young Lawyers Division Committee, Federal Bar Association – Tampa Bay Chapter
- Co-Chair, Staying in the Game Committee, Tampa Bay Chapter of the Federal Bar Association, 2021-present
- Co-Chair, Mentoring Program Committee, HillsboroughAssociation for Women Lawyers, 2020-present
Publications and Speeches
- Author, Novel Coronavirus Sparks Novel Litigation: Employer Liability in the COVID-19 Era, The Checkoff, Vol. LX No. 1. (September 2020).